2021 – Ticketholder Terms and Conditions
Ticketholder Terms and Conditions
As a condition of admission to any event at The Grand 1894 Opera House, you will be required to abide by all current facility rules, posted instructions, and protocols while on premises or risk ejection. These rules include but are not limited to the following bullet points. They may be periodically revised in accordance with public health guidance or requirements, or other guidance or requirements:
- Patrons are required to wear a face mask and/or cloth face covering in all areas of the venue, including inside the theater during the performance. *
- Patrons may be required to submit to a non-contact temperature check prior to entry.
- Patrons may be presented with a brief questionnaire prior to entry to confirm that they are not currently experiencing COVID-19-like symptoms and/or have not had a positive COVID-19 test result in the last 14 days and/or have not been recently exposed to the virus which causes COVID-19.
- Patrons must maintain a distance of at least 6 feet between their travel party and others.
- Patrons are reminded to wash their hands frequently with soap and water.
- For patrons who may need an accommodation in order to comply with any facility rules and/or protocols, please contact our ticketing services team for further information.
The Grand will refuse admission or remove from the venue any ticketholder who fails to comply with protocols posted at the entrance. If ejected for violating these guidelines, the patron will not receive a refund on the purchase.
Assumption of Risk
We appreciate your cooperation as we strive to make the experience as safe as possible for all. Although preventative measures set forth by the facility are intended to help reduce the spread of COVID-19, we cannot guarantee you will not be exposed during your visit.
An inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19 exists in any public place where people are present. COVID-19 is an extremely contagious disease that can lead to severe illness and death. According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, senior citizens and guests with underlying medical conditions are especially vulnerable.
By purchasing tickets to and/or attending an event at The Grand 1894 Opera House, you acknowledge the risks above. You also acknowledge notice of and agree to follow all facility rules, posted instructions, and protocols. You also agree to notify all guests for whom you are purchasing tickets of the instructions and protocols disclosed here, those that may be made publicly available for the event, and those that may be conveyed prior to your party’s arrival.
You acknowledge and agree that you are voluntarily assuming all risks of exposure to COVID-19 and agree to release, waive and discharge The Grand 1894 Opera House, its parent entities and all related and affiliated individuals and entities involved in the event at The Grand 1894 Opera House which you are attending, from all claims directly or indirectly arising from your visit to The Grand 1894 Opera House.
*Our staff is dedicated to working to accommodate all visitors with disabilities and provide the best possible experience. At times, certain alterations may not be possible. The Americans with Disabilities Act does not require The Grand 1894 Opera House to take any action that fundamentally alters the nature of our programs or services, or imposes undue financial or administrative burden or compromises our ability to safely operate. A party that cannot wear a mask may request accommodation at least two (2) weeks prior to a performance and alternate options will be reviewed, if possible. Please contact our Director of Front of House at (409) 770-5054. For more information on how to properly wear a mask, please click here.